Named after the First World War battle, the St. Julien subdivision was added to Banff in 1917. The street gave access to the scenic "tally ho" (a horse-driven carriage) route which is now Tunnel Mountain Road. Byron Harmon built his home here in 1929. A pioneer photographer, Harmon was the Alpine Club of Canada's first official photographer. He arrived in Banff in 1903 and it was his personal goal to photograph every mountain and glacier in the Rockies. The Byron Harmon photograph collection is now housed at the Whyte Museum of the Canadian Rockies.
E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Banff Lodging Co. is an employee owned and operated company with hotels, restaurants, spa, snow school, and retail/rental shop.
©2003-17 Banff Lodging Company - Privacy StatementSupported by Otago Computing Inc.