This rustic home was designed and built in 1915 by Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) Engineer, Harvey Wright. The home is typical of worker housing provided by the CPR prior to 1920, incorporation a gable hip roof, half-timbering of the gable ends, exposed rafters with projection eaves, shingled exterior, fieldstone fireplace and post & rail veranda.
From 1915 to 1932, this was the home of Howard Sibbald and his wife Tettie. He was a member of one of the Bow Valley's pioneer families and Banff National Park's first Chief Park warden. During this time the property lease was held by their son-in-law James Brewster, a member of one of Banff's original guiding and outfitting families. In 1932, the property was transferred to Fern Brewster, the only daughter of James.
The property was purchased from Fern Brewster Clarkson, in 1951, by Louis Crosby (see 136 Bow Avenue), her father's business partner and president of Brewster Transport Company Ltd., in the early 1950's. Descendents of the Crosby family continue to own and maintain this home.
E-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Banff Lodging Co. is an employee owned and operated company with hotels, restaurants, spa, snow school, and retail/rental shop.
©2003-17 Banff Lodging Company - Privacy StatementSupported by Otago Computing Inc.